If you are someone who likes to play a lot of games on your computer or mobile device, or want to gift any game to your friends, you might be familiar with Steam gaming. However, there are several other digital gaming distribution services as well. Still, it seems that Steam is one of the most preferred and commonly used gaming platforms among millions of gamers all over the world. It is basically a gaming community where the players and game developers can buy and sell video games online. As a player, you will find a wide range of games on this online gaming platform. And not only this, but here, you can chat with other gamers too. Rather than just gaming, the Steam gaming platform enables you to take screenshots of your gameplay, and you can even send them to your friends. Playing the Steam games on a computer system is pretty easy for anyone.
One needs to create an account to access this online gaming service on their computer. And even if you have any friends who also like to play a lot of games just like you, you can gift them any of your video games from your Steam gaming library. Do you know how to do so? Are you also a Steam gamer and wish to see how you can gift any game to your friends from your gaming library? If you are a new user of the Steam gaming platform and wish to see what you will need to do to gift any game to anyone on Steam, you are advised to go through this entire post.
Why it’s a good idea to gift Steam games?
Initially, the Steam gaming platform enabled its users to send any games to anyone with an email address. The person to whom you wished to gift any game didn’t need to have a Steam account either. But now, it requires a Steam account for both parties to access the gifted game or games. And thankfully, it is much easier for anyone to create a Steam account on any of the devices. There are multiple methods following which any Steam gamer can gift any game from their library to anyone. Here, we have mentioned the two most straightforward techniques. You will have to go through some simple instructions to gift any game to anyone from your Steam gaming library. So, let’s not wait anymore and get started with the first method now.
Instructions to gift a Steam game from your Steam library
Here are the instructions following which anyone can gift any game to anyone from their Steam gaming library:
- First of all, you will have to ensure that your friend has an active Steam account. Also, they should be included in your friend list.
- You will now need to log into your Steam account using the web browser or the Steam client.
- After logging in, you will search for the game you want to gift to your friend.
- And once you find the game, select it and then scroll down through your screen to click on the “Add to Cart” or “Buy This Game as A Gift for A Friend” option.
- On the next screen, you will have to choose the option of “Purchase as A Gift” appearing on your screen.
- Now, select the friend to whom you would like to gift the game. You will need to provide your friend’s Steam account username.
- You can also add a personal message along with the game if you want.
- And when you are done selecting the person and the game, you will have to click on the option of “Continue” to complete the purchase.
- And if your friend accepts the gift, you will receive a notification.
The steps to gift a duplicate game on Steam
Follow the instructions to gift a duplicate game to any of your friends on Steam:
- To get started, you will first have to launch the Steam client on your computer system.
- Next, log in to your Steam account, after which you will have to move to the “Games” section.
- Now, look for the option of “Manage Gifts and Guest Passes,” and when you find it, click it.
- After this, you will search for the duplicate games you would like to gift to your friend.
- You will then have to select your preferred delivery method to gift any game, and for this, you will get two options.
- After selecting the delivery method, click on the “Next” button to proceed further.
- You can even send a personalized message along with the game to your friend.
- And when your gift is accepted by your friend, you will receive a notification. That’s all.
There are some of the games on Steam, such as Half-Life 2’s ‘’The Orange Box, Dawn of War Gold Edition,” and many others that contain duplicate copies. They are extra copies that are included with the purchase and designed to be shared with friends. To share identical copies of these games, make sure that you and your friend have an active Steam account. So, this was all about gifting Steam games to any of your Steam friends. Try the methods right away, and keep visiting our official website to get more information like this.